Nature Lab project: rock embrioderies!
approximately 12x18 inch dyed and printed cotton with layers of machine embroideries
So Jes and I are Carlos and Cecil for Halloween… Not entirely sure how that happened…
My lovely scientist friend is mynameisnotjambalaya. She made the fantastic press pass
fucking amazing sharpie sleeve tattoos by artistintheshrubs
pants borrowed from cuteraptor
I made my vest and microphone
Plant stem cross-section for textiles printed scarf assignment. White cotton printed with screenprinting inks and hemmed with four kinds of stitches.
Installation for my Sophomore Year Lab class! I translated colors and textures from rocks I collected to fabric and thread. Rocks included are felsic and mafic phyllite, milky and clear quartz, amethyst, shale with and without bivalve fossils, coarse- and fine-grained gneiss, biotite, muscovite, and felsic, mafic, and garnet schist.
first big project for Print Design for Fashion and Apparel: the dreaded landscape stripe! i chose an awesome time-lapse from NASA because it’s so fucking cool… it printed out a bit more red, but i’m really happy with it, plus I got a fantastic crit from my professor! printed in acrylic screenprinting ink on three yards of white cotton, about half of the 120 inch wide piece i bought.
the constellation dress is finally finished!
as of a month ago so much research and planning went into this monstrosity… the first two pictures are the full dress, the next two are the massive compilation of a whole bunch of photos of constellations i used as a reference and all the actual research of the stars themselves. all this makes a pretty accurate map of a hemisphere of constellations! the only parts i messed with were the ones on the bodice, where distortion of stuff would have ended badly… as usual, all the patterns are my own, with the added bonus of all the sequins for the stars were sewn on by hand!
i haven’t posted in far too long, thanks, college! but here are a few pairs of shorts i made/fixed!
the top ones are my favorites, i dyed the fabric and fixed my pattern so they fit perfectly! some of the majors in my textiles class complimented me on them and asked where i had gotten the pattern, and were extremely impressed when i said i made it. the second pair were my sister’s worn out jeans that she wanted me to turn into shorts for my high school’s alumni drama production. we worked the spotlights in the celing, and it got hot as balls up there, so i made these! the last pair fit very well, but the butt is crooked and the zipper is about two inches too long, so i have dick room but no dick!
next post: constellation dress!
guys i have a problem…
avengers shorts! I’m sick of not being able to find shorts with good pockets that also are cool, so I made my own! the orange-ish is corduroy that my neighbor gave me, and I’m working on a similar pair with plaid instead of avengers. I’m really happy about my new ability to have the avengers on my butt…
star wars! star wars! star wars!
making the pattern for this one was horrible…